JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG

WELCOME TO THE OFFICIAL RICHARD E GERSTEIN JUSTICE BUILDING BLOG. THIS BLOG IS DEDICATED TO JUSTICE BUILDING RUMOR, HUMOR, AND A DISCUSSION ABOUT AND BETWEEN THE JUDGES, LAWYERS AND THE DEDICATED SUPPORT STAFF, CLERKS, COURT REPORTERS, AND CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS WHO LABOR IN THE WORLD OF MIAMI'S CRIMINAL JUSTICE. POST YOUR COMMENTS, OR SEND RUMPOLE A PRIVATE EMAIL AT HOWARDROARK21@GMAIL.COM. Winner of the prestigious Cushing Left Anterior Descending Artery Award.

Friday, January 20, 2006

WELL DONE JUDGES


Sometimes, just when we think we have these judges where we want them (pompus, calling PD’s at home to scream about getting reversed on appeal) they up and do something wonderful like visiting interpreter Abraham Safdie in the Hospital and making him an honorary Judge. You robed readers know that Rumpole and the gang will be on you guys when you exhibit a little too much of “robe-itis”. Well, you are also entitled to kudos when you do something nice. It was an extraordinary and wonderful gesture to visit Mr. Safdie. Well done. Take a bow. And get ready to duck our next salvos, which you know will be coming. But for today, you have our respect, our thanks, and even our admiration.



A HERALD REPORTER WRITES:

Hi,I was wondering if you'd mind introducing me to all your bloggers and readers. I'm the new Herald reporter covering the criminal courthouse. I'm still finding my way around and trying to meet folks, but I'd love it if you could throw my name and numbers out there, in case anyone I haven't met needs something or wants to call about a case I might not know about. It's a big building and I fear there are lots of cases I don't know about.My phone at my desk is 305-376-3499 and my cell phone is 305-772-4380. My email, which works on my Blackberry when I'm in court, at least for a little while longer, is mailto:snesmith@herald.com
Most mornings, you can find me standing in the line around the block with all the criminals and their mothers and girlfriends waiting to get into the courthouse. I suspect I would save time overall by going to law school, just to be allowed to go in the lawyers-only door.Thanks Susannah Nesmith
PS If you don't think it would be appropriate for the blog, no big deal.

RUMPOLE GRUMBLES: Careful and long time readers of this blog know that we came out pretty hard against one Herald communist who took our Bennett Brummer story (which we emailed her) ran with it in the Herald, and did not give us one bit of credit. We seem to remember the words “local fishwrap” being tossed around quite a bit. But readers also know that while we grumble and get grouchy, we are soft at heart. (Fellow blogger David O Markus called us a “media whore” but that’s another story). This reporter was nice enough to introduce herself, and we have no problem posting her email. We are sure she will be nice enough to give us credit if we give her a tip.


Welcome Susannah (how many "Oh" Susannah quips a day do you get?" ) Look for us in Au Bon Pain, sipping coffee and preparing cross examination. We are the ones wearing the Rumpole Masks. Also we don't feel one bit sad sauntering by you as you wait in line. Well, maybe in August we might feel a bit guilty, but only for a moment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abraham the Interpreter, as I know him, is a wonderful guy, great
Interpreter and an exquisite dresser. His attire is sharper than almost every attorney, barring
Larry Handfield ofcourse.


The thing I like about him the most is that he always treats every
client with the utmost respect. I've never heard him say anything derogatory towards a client. Nor have I ever seen him make a nasty
or condescending face towards a
client (I wish you could say that
for all the interpreters).

I suppose his great ethnic mix
(arab/latino) has to do with it.
Kudos to the judges and the Herald
for giving credit where credit is
due.

Best wishes to Abraham and his family.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the new Herald reporter will be better than that idiot, Trenton Daniel.